Autograph Hound's Blah Blah Blog

Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Linnea Quigley EPCON 2011


This comes from another college friend. It’s nice to have friends.

A few years ago, I was talking to AH about autographs...which ones he had, wanted, wished for, desired, etc.  When we were talking about which were some missed opportunities, he mentioned Linnea Quigley.  I thought that was odd, considering how she participates in horror, sci-fi, and glamour cons.  AH wrote me that he waited for her at one con, but she left or had to leave, so he missed out.

Anyhow, I get this text from AH that Linnea is going to be in my town at a local horror con and that I must go see her.  I got my ticket and went in, looking for the cast of Return of the Living Dead.  Talked to Beverly Randolph (lovely!), Don Calfa (a truly, truly, truly pleasant man and genuinely nice guy) and then, Linnea Quigley.


I walked up to her table when she was alone.  "Ms. Quigley?"
"Yes?"
"I'm on a mission."
"Tell me about it."
"A few years ago, you were scheduled to appear a con, but had to leave early.  A good friend of mine waited for you, but never got a chance to get your autograph."
"Oh, I'm so sorry!"
"No, it was a while back and I'm sure you had something serious, because you're really great with your fans."
"Thank you."
"Well, anyway, my friend texted me that you were going to be here and that I must meet you and tell him all about it."
"That is so nice!  He must be a good friend."
"We've known each other for a long time, used to watch you and the other scream queens in the 80s."
She squinted and sighed, "The golden days of vhs."
"Oh, yeah, definitely."
She put her elbows on the table and rest her chin on her hands, "So, what can I do for you?"
"Well, I need an autographed picture of you."
She grabbed her binder of pics and moved it in front of me.  "Here are my pictures, some movie shots and some from Playboy."
"It must show off your legs.  He (AH) says you have great legs, and it should be a leg shot."

We both looked through the number of B&W and color shots and finally settled on one.  She signed it for him and smiled at me.  I thanked her and told her I was going to text AH immediately.

Before I could step away, she stopped me.  "Does your phone have a camera?"
"Yes."
"Would you like to take a picture?"
"I would.  Very much."
She asked the guy next in line if he would take our picture.  He agreed.

She stepped out from behind the table.  She is petite and extremely alluring.  She stood next to me and put her hand on my shoulder. 
I stood straight and turned to the camera.
She asked me, "Do you want to make him jealous?"
"How?"
She turned me to face her brought her leg up like from a kissing scene in a 1940s movie.  The picture was taken. 

I said my thank yous and that I would send the pic off that minute.  She asked me to come back and tell her what he (AH) said.  I was hoping he would call me back and I could try to get her on the phone with him. 

AH didn't call back until several days later.

The autographed photo is in the mail.

I have a habit of not carrying my phone everywhere.  It’s actually a good thing but there are times like this I regret my un-connectivity.

AH

No comments:

Post a Comment