Autograph Hound's Blah Blah Blog

Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Cindy Morgan and Bruce Boxleitner SDCC 2012

Bruce Boxleitner was on my radar because a friend wanted an autograph. I figured while I was there, I would get one also. And if you noticed at other shows, Cindy Morgan is often at the same table as Bruce.  Again, while I was there, I got her too.
When I got in line I figured it would be a quick pick up as just a few people were in front of me.  For these two, I really had nothing I wanted to say to them and at SDCC, I’m often picking up the paid autographs as I traveled between the free raffled signings. 
With just 10 people in front of me, I hear Admiral Ackbar voice ‘It’s a trap!’  Those ten people took 45 minutes.  I don’t mean that in a negative way. I expect lines at SDCC. It’s that Bruce Boxleitner spent a lot of time with the fans and is actively asking them questions. Cindy took a side seat and looked on attentively.
The lady in front of me was chatty and explained all about getting the autograph for her brother. She was cosplaying in something original she created herself. She gave me a brief overview of the mythology behind the costume and her character.  Now Thomas Paine is whispering in my ear ’These are the times that try men’s souls…’

As my fiend the cosplayer stepped up front, Bruce looked her over. Turned to Cindy and said ’You know what that is don’t you?’ Cindy shook her head and politely said ’no’.  Bruce then said, ‘Well, it’s a….’he frowned as he paused.  Looked the lady in the eye and said, ‘What are you?’
Yes, I got to hear the mythology again.
Bruce actually asked for a piece of her costume to examine closer. They chatted and she walked away on clouds.  That is how he is.
My turn.  I told them I need two autographs of him and one of Cindy. He asked why not two of Cindy.  I explained.  He signed and handed me the photos.
I picked out a photo of Cindy to get signed.  He asked me what movie did that come front. I said I didn’t know.  He laughed and said I probably just wanted it because she looked sexy.  I smiled and admitted that was true. She said that was true for a lot guys.  The brain just turns off and they hand over the money.  Which I thought was pretty funny.

AH

No comments:

Post a Comment