Autograph Hound's Blah Blah Blog

Wednesday, April 3, 2013

Dallas ComicCon 2013

I must sadly admit I ignored Dallas ComicCon and its sister conventions over the years.  It was only 4 or 5 years ago they appeared on the radar; mostly when I started looking for a cheaper option to SDCC. I also need to admit to kicking myself in the butt for being so elitist and missing out on so many quality guests.
I’m bringing them up now because their upcoming show is a new benchmark for them.  The guest list has me personally excited. And to peel the curtain back I smidge, I’m actually slightly anxious that the show will be so successful; I’ll need to change my game plan on collecting signatures.
In my opinion, the top 3 names at William Shatner, Nathan Fillion, and Richard Dean Anderson. Really, that is insane marque. I expect these three alone will draw huge crowds. Think about it…That’s three big names from three generations of fans. While these actors do shows, it’s not common place. These are names that people will travel across state lines to see.
Then Mark and Ben (the 2 front men for the convention and both very responsive to fans’ input) have added guests from Fringe, Star Trek Next Generations, True Blood, and Eureka.
This alone will get the blood pumping of most fanboys and girls out there.
Now we have the other side of the show: the artists. They have Jim Steranko, Len Wein, and Terry Moore. Again, these are huge names are coming to the same show.
Of course I omitted many other celebs and artists.
Check out who is coming.
Check out their site. Friend them on Facebook
Then be jealous you don’t live in the DFW area.
AH

No comments:

Post a Comment