Autograph Hound's Blah Blah Blog

Tuesday, October 15, 2013

Paul Cornell LoneStarCon 3

I was excited to see Paul Cornell’s name pop up on the list of attendees for LoneStarCon 3.  I had seen him at the Denver WorldCon and didn’t really know who he was at the time.  Back then, he was in a panel I attended and he was dry and funny.  When I found out he had worked on Dr Who I was happy to have seen him.

When I saw him this time, I mentioned seeing him in Denver and his Hugo nomination back then.  He said he was nominated again this year. Slightly embarrassed that I didn’t know that, I wished him good luck.

I’m happy to say he won the Hugo without any help from me. 

His line was short and I was surprised by that.  Dr Who fans are legion but I don’t think they read or know about WorldCon. They are missing out on a great opportunity to meet or talk to writers from the show.

AH

No comments:

Post a Comment