Autograph Hound's Blah Blah Blog

Wednesday, February 19, 2014

Kristian Nairn Space City Con 2014

Surprisingly, one of the minor characters that doesn’t really speak in Game of Thrones was extremely popular. His autograph line wasn’t ever very deep but it was constantly filled with people and everyone wanted their photo taken with him.  There must be something going on that I am missing.

Kristian Nairn was very much the gentle giant much like his character on the show. He spent lots of time with people and talking in hushed tones that made me think the conversations were very personal.  The tattoos of stars on his temple were a surprise. You never see them on camera as his character has scars that creep down from his hairline.

He is taller than me. In fact, he towers over me at 6’10”. We exchanged a few words and he signed and I left.

Throughout the day I passed by and young girls were getting photos with him.  All with very excited faces.  It seemed the shorter the girl the more excited they were.  I had flashbacks to all of my college psych classes.  Freud came to mind but I’ll just leave it at that. 

AH

2 comments:

  1. So great to read all these Game of Thrones guest have been so great!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yes, I was very surprised how down to earth and outgoing they were.

      Delete