Autograph Hound's Blah Blah Blog

Thursday, February 20, 2014

Miltos Yerolemou Space City Con 2014

Game of Thrones is a very well written series of books. There are lots of memorable lines and the TV show has done a great job of casting the characters and staying true to the books.

One of the characters that captured my interest was Syrio Forel. Whether a tip of the hat to Frank Herbet and Dune or totally unintentional, the character reminds me of Gurney Halleck.   

Miltos Yerolemou played Syrio well. He delivered those quotable lines with aplomb. When I got to the front of the line I saw his charisma.  Much like Kristian Nairn towered over me, I towered over Miltos.  He smiled. He laughed.  He told me what he wanted to write on my photo: What do we say to the God of Death?  Not today!
I thought it was perfect. It fit the photo.  It fit his character. It fit the reflections of Gurney Hallack I see.

After the convention I found out he held a class. He showed people what he learned about sword play for the TV series.   Normally, I avoid panels but this one seemed very intriguing. I regret missing it.

AH

No comments:

Post a Comment