Autograph Hound's Blah Blah Blog

Tuesday, August 5, 2014

Frank Beddor #SDCC 2014 Preview Night

So, what do you do on Preview Night?  Wander around aimlessly? Have a few favorite booths you want to visit?

Preview Night is reconnaissance time. I have a list of booths I visit to get more details about events or signing.   As I was doing my reconnaissance, I saw that Frank Beddor was at this booth. Well, actually, I suspected that was him. I didn’t know it was him until I asked someone.

 I asked when he would be signing and I was told if I’d wait a minute, I could get something signed now. That was an offer I couldn’t refuse. With a packed schedule and more info coming in, getting something done early is always good.

It got awkward when the booth worker announced me as a friend. Frank turned and gave me a big smile and wave. You could on his face he didn’t recognize me.  When he was done talking to another customer, he waved me over. He gave me another big smile and tried to place me since I was ‘someone he knew’. I told him we never met. I was just hoping to get a couple of books signed.  He relaxed. The struggle to put a face to a name was over.

I told him my sister got me to read these books. And even my dad was interested.  As I think about it now, it might be that I told my sister about these. But it was a story that did intrigue the whole family.  He kindly signed a book for me and my sister.

Then, just because, he picked up a couple of comics based on his books and signed them also – for free. He said it was great to see fans and enthusiastic ones.  He also mentioned it was good hear that whole families were enjoying the stories.

AH

No comments:

Post a Comment