Autograph Hound's Blah Blah Blog

Friday, September 18, 2015

American Dad SDCC 2015

I know American Dad has a ‘cult following’ and the people that like it think it’s witty, intellectual, and even funny.  I don’t get the show.  I liked the Star Wars specials but like else.  This is the second year that I’ve been given tickets to the signing for this show. Maybe SDCC fans are not American Dad fans.  Or maybe American Dad fans are not into the whole ComicCon thing or autographs or meeting the people that they think are intellectual or witty and funny.

Only 3 members of the cast showed. Other than Wendy Schaal, I have no idea who the other 2 were.

The only interesting point of this signing was one young fan, a stoner and below average IQ. There is no doubt he was a fan; a big fan. He kept asking the people around him if we thought a particular actor would show for the signing.  The answer was the same: they were not part of the regular cast. Then he would say it was possible. People would agree to placate him.

When he found out that Seth MacFarlane was not going to be part of the signing, he became agitated. He started cursing. He started pacing. He told us we need to go over to the booth and yell and throw things.  Yes, this big fan of the show wanted to start a riot at SDCC.

I turned and told him his attitude was a good way to get kicked out of the convention. Then he would not see any of the cast.  He paused.  Slowly my words sunk into his addled mind. He calmed down to just mumbling for the next 10 minutes or so.

He was behind me. I was curious what he was going to do when he got to the booth but by the time I was done, my thoughts went elsewhere and I wondered off. I had done my good deed for the day, I had stopped a riot at the Fox Booth.

AH

No comments:

Post a Comment