Autograph Hound's Blah Blah Blog

Thursday, July 28, 2016

Sigourney Weaver Comicpalooza 2016


One of biggest reasons I was willing to take a day off from work and stay overnight in Houston was to get Sigourney Weaver’s signature.   She has done a few conventions but not many.  This was an opportunity I didn’t want to miss.

While the photo I got signed wasn’t from the movie, Aliens, is was from the movie that launched the franchise. Alien hit the theaters in 1979, I wasn’t quite 16. It was rated R and I could not see it on my own.  I fondly remember my dad taking me to it.  I also remember being scared silly. Lastly, I remember being greatly relieved when the film broke. It gave me 2 minutes to calm down and gather my wits. 

Sigourney had a massive line.  Even with my VIP badge, I spend over an hour in line.  A million other fans bought the same VIP pass. So we all waited together. While frustrating, I knew I basically had all day to wait. There were a couple of autographs I needed to get on this day but I had time.

This is my friend's photo where she added the cat's name.
When I finally got in front of Sigourney, I had 2 photos. One for me and one I was helping a friend to get signed.  His photo was also from the first movie. It showed Ripley and the orange tabby.  Sigourney paused. Told me she liked the photo.   Signed and then paused again.  She lifted her pen and wrote ‘Jones’ under the cat.

AH

No comments:

Post a Comment