Autograph Hound's Blah Blah Blog

Thursday, June 30, 2011

#SDCC Cheat Iota

These aren’t really cheats as anyone can do them and you won’t get in trouble.
The past few years the Saturday night Masquerade has been sponsored.
Which is pretty neat as the sponsor hires a DJ and plays good music during the intermission part of the Masquerade.  Surprisingly it takes forever to count the votes for the costumes so the party is a fun way to distract yourself. The whole soirée occurs in the in the Sails Pavilion.  The sponsor even provides snacks and some drinks.
The rhythm is good and the stereotype of geeks being uncoordinated gets debunked as people dance to the music.
My word of advice is to stay from the snacks. It’s in big bowls and everyone just reaches and scoops out a handful.
If I was at home with my family, I wouldn’t mind.  Here, I’m with a 1000 strangers. I’m not that hungry.
I know you’re hungry and it’s late and some popcorn and pretzels looks really good but hold off.
You have no idea where everyone’s hands have been.
Embracing my inner Monk,
AH

No comments:

Post a Comment