Autograph Hound's Blah Blah Blog

Thursday, June 30, 2011

#SDCC Cheat Kappa

These aren’t really cheats as anyone can do them and you won’t get in trouble.
ComicCon is a Marathon and not a sprint.
Its 5 long days with sensory overload where you are not sleeping or eating as well as you should.
No one thing will make or ruin your experience at SDCC.
I’ve been late to events, missed out of autographs, told ‘no’, and missed my flight. It’s an emotional rollercoaster and the best thing to do is try to keep an even keel. This way you won’t spiral out of control and really ruin the event for yourself.
For me, I have really found if one door closes another opens.  I’ve met new people. I’ve talked to celebrities, and discovered new TV shows because something didn’t go according to plan.
I was up to the struggle of getting up after each knock down.
I rested as much as possible. I ate my protein bars. I drank my water. I planned out my day and looked for alternatives.
It is an incredible show. You may stumble over some problem. You feel you are lagging behind as you see others get some prized swag you lack. You may fall asleep in a panel and only awake because everyone is getting up to leave.  But it’s a long convention and there will be other panels to see and swag to be gotten.
Remember to take a moment and look around yourself and see what is happening. Enjoy it.
Don’t burn out the first few days and you’ll remember so much more.
AH

No comments:

Post a Comment