Autograph Hound's Blah Blah Blog

Thursday, August 10, 2017

100 cast signing SDCC 2017


Thursday night, much like Christmas Eve, we had visions of Game of Throne wristbands dancing in our heads. When we woke, we found the Grinch had stolen Christmas.

As we neared the WB corral, a mosh pit broke out and security shut the line down.  The Wife and I were caught on the edge of the mess. I knew where they were going to send us and I tried to tell The Wife but it was loud with angry nerds.   Once I heard security shout: to the stairs, I tried to drag, guide, push The Wife in the right direction. I’m sure she thought I was some strange nerd dragging her away. It was human salmon swimming upstream against humanity.


For the most part, we navigated through the crowd and headed to the stairs quickly. The next problem was the 3 flights down and some people move quicker than me. Then navigating through the corrals at the bottom of the stairs was challenge.

While we queued up unharmed, we were deep in the line.  The dreams of Game of Thrones success was quickly fading.  As we slowly inched toward the WB drawings table, we heard the dreaded cry: GoT is done.

As with everything at SDCC, you have alternate plans. For me, Plan B was The 100. I was dragging The Wife along as insurance. If failed, she would also pick The 100. If I succeeded, then she would try for The Originals. We were both lucky and we both won.


The signing had 6 actors and a producer:

Lindsey Morgan (Left top), Marie Avgeropoulos (right top), Eliza Taylor (center), Jason Rothenberg (Left middle), Richard Harmon (Right middle), Bob Morley (Left lower), Christopher Larkin (right lower)

As in the past, The 100 people were all very friendly. The women dressed to the nines (rude of me to notice, I know). The guys dressed much more causal. As Richard Harmon signed, I mentioned I saw him at ComicPalooza. He paused and said that as in Houston. I was impressed. He said it was one of the few shows that wasn’t ‘comiccon’ and the city name. Bob Morely always gives me a look of: hey let’s go grab a beer and catch up.

It was a good signing and a nice way to forget the morning ugliness.

AH

No comments:

Post a Comment