Autograph Hound's Blah Blah Blog

Tuesday, July 17, 2018

John Travolta and Kelly Preston – Gotti Screening Dallas


John Travolta and Kelly Preston were coming to town for a movie screening of Gotti.  I’m not as plugged into the autograph scene as I should be. While I find out about this event late, I still had enough time to print some photos and get down to the movie theater.

I won’t lie, there was a lot of exitement about this signing and a lot of hounds were waiting.  I’ll skip over the details of frustrated tempers, the omnipresent cicada sound of paint pens being shaken in an attempt sooth the nerves, and the rudeness/arrogance that almost stopped the signing before it started.


When the big van stopped at the theater, one of the security guys hopped off the van and walked a few steps toward us and told us that John would not sign ‘now’ but would after the move. They were in a hurry and John did not want to rush.

When John and Kelly stepped out of the Van, they waved and said the same thing. They assured us that they would met us. This was very fan friendly and, at last for me, reduced the anxiety about a successful night.

When the movie was close to being done, the theater manager brought us inside to a red carpet area. They had set up stanchions and had several of Dallas Finest telling us to relax and not cross the barrier.


After the movie, John and Kelly left the theater and ducked into a side room to do some interviews but again they promised to come out and spend some time with us. During the 30 minute wait, Kelly popped out of the room with a cookie and handed it to a 4 year girl that was waiting with the hounds. It was late and she knew the kid hadn’t eaten in a long time.

When John came out he waved and walked to the end of the stanchions and started posing for photos and signing.  Kelly joined the fray about half way down the line.  They both were gracious and took their time and signed and posed for just about everyone.  They were there about 30 minutes.

I got the one item signed by John and left the mush pit.  I brought 2 photos but when I decided to enter the fray again, it was too late. I didn’t get close enough get the second photo signed. I’m happy with what I got. It’s something different and very ‘me’.

AH

No comments:

Post a Comment