Autograph Hound's Blah Blah Blog

Thursday, November 14, 2019

Banana Splits Chiller Theater 2019


Tra la la, tra la la, la
Tra la la, tra la la, la
Tra la la, tra la la, la
Tra la la, tra la la, la

One banana, two banana, three banana, four
All bananas make a split, so do many more
Over hill and highway, the banana buggies go
Come along to bring you the banana splits show



I had the Banana Splits song stuck in my head for a few days before and after Chiller Theater.  I have always liked the song so it wasn’t a punishment.   

I was able to get to the surviving members (Dan Owen, Terence Henry, and Robert Towers) of the show about 2PM. They had been busy most of the morning. 

I liked the photos of them without there head pieces.  I know it’s a ‘no-no’ to see costumed characters sans heads but I like seeing the performer and the character. These photos were a good way to do both in one photo.  The photos, if I remember correctly, we taken by Dan Owens. Something done candidly for themselves and not for publicity.


Robert Towers mentioned, he was practicing how far he could lean in the custom.  He was playing with the weight of the outfit and how it hide the contortions of his body beneath the fabric.

AH

No comments:

Post a Comment