Autograph Hound's Blah Blah Blog

Wednesday, November 6, 2019

Grant Wilson Alien Con 2019


Alien Con came to Dallas in October. I would have passed on this convention except of one thing: Ghost Hunters. The show is back and moved to a new channel. And with it, Grant Wilson is leading a new team of investigators.

I had printed a photo of Grant and one of the new team.  I was hoping there would be an autograph session after their panel and I could get both photos signed. That was a false hope.


I wandered around the convention and it was what you would expect. It was small in respects to vendors and attendees.  I saw everything in a few minutes.  Since I didn’t have anything else to do, I figured I would sit in the panel room until the Ghost Hunters panel started.

I found a seat in the back and relaxed. The current panel was about Ancient Aliens and ‘new’ discoveries. Does it paint a picture that some people in line were wearing tin foil hats?  The panel made me laugh a few times.  I was the only one laughing. Oh well.

The room emptied at the end of the Ancient Aliens discussion; no one believed in Ghosts. I heard a couple of comments about ghosts being ridiculous.  Again, I laughed.  One man’s trash…or the pot calling the kettle black.  I should have moved to the front of the room but I was happy where I was.


Grant moderated the panel and he did a good job getting the whole team to participate. I enjoyed the discussion and I laughed a few more times; usually at something that was intentionally funny.

At the end of their panel, the team left the stage but Grant was chatting with some fans. I made my way to the front and waited for a chance to get in front of him. He was having a serious conversation with a lady that had some issues.  He was giving some advice.  Then the next person was trying to get some quick advice too.  Grant was listening and trying to give answers that were not generic.

Then the staff told Grant he needed to leave. The next panel needed to start.  He nodded that he heard.  He paused to do a couple of selfies. Then I reached over a few people (it helps to be tall) and held out my pen and photo.  I asked if he would sign. He took the items and signed on his knee.  He paused and told me he really liked that photo. I wanted to say something more but the staff was in his ear and leading him off stage.

AH

No comments:

Post a Comment