Autograph Hound's Blah Blah Blog

Tuesday, November 26, 2019

Peter Jason Chiller Theater 2019


I walked up to the table as Peter Jason walked away. He was shouting. In a very loud, speak to the back of the theater voice, he told us that everyone needed to leave. Everyone was sick of signing autographs and they have better things to do.

I digested that. His handler was smiling. I quickly read the room and it appeared he was just ‘messing around’.  When he saw me at his table he sauntered back to his table and dramatically quoted a few lines.


I think it was:

“Two households, both alike in dignity
In fair Verona, where we lay our scene
From ancient grudge break to new mutiny
Where civil blood makes civil hands unclean”.


He paused and looked me in the eye. With an arrogant sniff, he quietly told me if I couldn’t tell him what play that came from, I could just walk away.

I laughed.  I paused. I said it was Shakespeare.  I took a chance and misquoted:

“Do you bite your thumb at me, sir?”

“No but I bite my thumb...”

With a flourish, he bowed. He muttered an aside that education was not dead yet. My High School English Teacher, Mrs Mongo, would be proud.  I have a few friends that would have really shined with this encounter. I wish they were there. I’m sure the whole first act could have been recited.

As he signed, I told him how much I enjoyed Deadwood.  He thanked me and said it was a pleasure to work on that set.

AH

No comments:

Post a Comment