Autograph Hound's Blah Blah Blog

Monday, July 10, 2023

Vivien Lyra Blair Fan Expo Dallas 2023

The first thing I noticed was Vivien Lyre Blair was more mentally mature than I expected.  A lot of children actors I see are passive and shy. They only interact with the fans with the help of the parent that is close at hand.


I watched Vivien guide a conversation with a couple of adults while getting their funkos signed. She explained her hopes and why she thought it was the right role. While Mom (I’m pretty sure it was mom) hovered over to listen, Vivien didn’t look back to get affirmation of what she was saying.

When it was my turn, I handed over the photo. Everyone paused to look at it. It was very similar to the one on the table that she had signed all day. However, I cropped it differently. I told them it was more interesting this way.

Then I asked if she wanted to hear a joke.  Mom stepped in very close; probably make sure I didn’t say anything insulting or vulgar. 

I asked, ‘What did Zero say to eight.”

Mom’s eye’s lit up and said; “Oh that’s perfect.’ Then looked at me and said she likes these.

I didn’t draw it out because there were other people in line.

I said, ‘Nice belt.’

Mom and a handler groaned. I got a smile from Vivien. I felt my mission was accomplished.  I picked up my photo and left.

AH

No comments:

Post a Comment