Autograph Hound's Blah Blah Blog

Monday, September 11, 2023

Star Trek Las Vegas 2023 – Classic Trek alumni

Yes, once again I went to Creations’ Star Trek Las Vegas Convention. And yes, it was a few weeks ago. I'm behind on my posts.

And once again I had a good time. While I have some negative feelings about Creation, to be fair, they do bring in an impressive lineup of actors.

I know everyone gets excited about the celebs from the new series, I get excited about the actors that appeared in one episode from the original series. I have watched those episodes so many times that any one of them is an old friend.

This year there were 4 actors I focused on.

Michael Dante was in Friday’s Child. He was friendly. He worried that I’d put my photo away too quickly. He must know me. I do that too often. One thing I did not realize as I stood in line, was how many roles he had over the years. 


I have crossed paths with Bobby Clark a few times. I didn’t get his autograph because I thought I already had it. He was nice. He was very willing to chat. He also gave out $100 Gorn bills when you got the autograph. He did not believe me that green was the perfect color for his signature. He was thinking a silver or yellow.  I was insistent. Even after signing, he was skeptical. I love it. I bet you agree with me.

Beverly Washburn was sweet and friendly. She signed and was willing to chat. Her role was short in Deadly Years. She was the sacrificial lamb so we knew how deadly the issue was.


I must admit I was very excited about France Nuyen. Not my favorite episode but it is the one what showed Kirk loving the ship more than anyone. The signature did not work out. She signed with her black pen and it looked good for the person in front of me. Then she signed my photo and it instantly died. I planned on getting back to her. By the time I did, she was gone for the show.

Regardless, I was just as excited to see these 4 as the others I met over the weekend. It was a good convention.


AH

No comments:

Post a Comment