Autograph Hound's Blah Blah Blog

Monday, January 19, 2015

Texas Winter Caravan Denton Texas 2015

While most of the blog posts won’t support this, I do collect baseball player autographs.  This year I actually made one of the Texas Rangers promotional stops. I picked up two players, Jurickson Profar and Shin Soo Choo.

I got up early on a cold Saturday and arrived at the Academy Sports store about 8AM.  It might have been 30 degrees outside.  About 15 people were already in line. I stayed in my nice warm car for about another 20 minutes.  I was waiting for more people to show up before I ventured out into the cold.  Since the signing was at 1PM, I wasn’t anxious to spend more time than needed on frozen concrete.

When I did join the line, a few people filled in quickly behind me.  It turned out I knew some of them and that helped pass the time.  About 11AM we were let inside the warm store to wait.

The signing started not long after 1PM.  These signing are pretty much a cattle call and I was done within in 10 minutes. I got both players to sign baseballs. Profar signed under the logo and Choo signed on the sweet spot. 

AH

No comments:

Post a Comment