Autograph Hound's Blah Blah Blog

Friday, July 1, 2011

#SDCC Cheat Mu

These aren’t really cheats as anyone can do them and you won’t get in trouble.
M&M’s are good.
M&M’s are so good they are a secret currency.  Good ahead and try.
Last year I swapped a bag of M&M’s for a swag t-shirt.
I was in the prize redemption room and I mistakenly went to the wrong table to redeem my ticket.  My ticket was for something not nearly as cool as the Captain America shirt I saw on the table in front of me.  I had my bag of M&M’s out and I saw the girl eye them. Dare I say she was salivating?  A long hard day at ComicCon sure does make a body hungry. I knew I had her.
I offered her the M&M’s for the shirt.  She paused.  She was thinking through the angles.  She wasn’t born yesterday so she knew there was a catch.  She just didn’t know what it was yet. I casually tossed the bag in the air without a care in the world.  I knew she would say yes. It was just a matter of time.
She opened her mouth. She paused. She finally asked – Do I get the ‘whole’ bag? 
I seriously replied - of course. That was only fair.  I quietly placed my bag on the shirt I wanted. She picked up the bag and I picked up my shirt. I left with a smile and a cool shirt. She torn into the bag and shared them with her friend.
Easy peasy.
AH

No comments:

Post a Comment