Autograph Hound's Blah Blah Blog

Monday, January 14, 2013

Rangers’ Winter carnival stop Frisco 2013

So far this year, work and autograph collecting have been at odds.
I missed on Bernadette Peters because I was too tired from work (okay, I was too lazy) to hustle over to Ft Worth.


Friday I couldn’t leave early so I missed on Arnold Schwarzenegger.  Again to be truthful, very few collectors got him at the movie premiere of Last Standing.  It was slightly chaotic. I’m happy/jealous of the few that were successful.

Saturday was schlepping cats to the vets so I missed the ‘prime time’ of the Rangers Fanfest.
Sunday I finally got some quality time with my hobby. The Ranger Carnival had a stop in Frisco just a few miles from the home.  To top that off, I didn’t need to roll out of bed at 0’ dark 30 to get in line.

And the cherry on top was I got to hang out with an old college friend for a few hours and catch up with him and the family.



Nothing is as nice as an organized event.  This event at Academy Sporting Goods was organized. We stood in line for 2 hours and then given our wristbands. In this case the wristband was a numbered slip of paper. We were told we could leave and rejoin the line at the same place.


So we did. We left and ate and came back.  No one really squawked as we found our place.  I gave my friend an extra baseball and quickly made our way to the front of the line.
All three players were friendly and signed.  They knew the routine; they knew what pens or sharpies to use. They didn’t ask about sweet spots. They signed and smiled. And smiled and signed.

After I got my Robbie Ross, Joakim Soria, and Matt Harrison autographs, I was able to leave the line and get some photos. The store and the Rangers had this event running smoothly.


My friend got all three players to sign the one ball. This isn’t really his thing but he was kind enough to hang out with me.  He thought this was interesting enough to try to attend the signing event at the RoughRider ballpark k in Frisco, next weekend.

It’s always good to spend some time with friends and to have the chance to share a hobby with them.

AH

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like you may have a new convert to the autograph world!

    ReplyDelete