Autograph Hound's Blah Blah Blog

Wednesday, September 25, 2013

Richard Jefferies Frontiers of Flight Museum 6/22/13

I have seen Richard Jefferies at a few local conventions.  He wrote a book about his brother, Matt Jefferies.  The pointed ears of the true geeks out there just perked up.  Yes, Matt Jefferies of Star Trek fame.  The original Star Trek; not to be confused with the other Trek. And don’t even get me started on JJ Abrams’ Trek…The non-geeks out there, as you were, there is nothing to see here. Move along…move along…

Richard was friendly and as I was getting my books for the SR-71 signing, he struck up a conversation.  It was an odd conversation.  I got to know about Richard’s background and travels.  He talked about his brother and at times I was confused about who did what.

He assumed I was a casual fan. As he talked, I could leap ahead and fact checked. I asked some detailed questions to clarify. I’m more than a casual Star Trek fan.  I’ve probably forgotten more…oh you really don’t care.  I enjoyed the conversation and talking Trek but the clock was ticking loudly in my ears.  I needed be at the SR-71 lecture.

I bought a copy of his book. They were well handled.  He’s been lugging them around for a while and it showed.  I didn’t mind.  It was good experience.

AH

No comments:

Post a Comment