Autograph Hound's Blah Blah Blog

Friday, May 23, 2014

Asami and Kurando Mitsutake #TFW 2014

There is a genre of Japanese movies that I’ve seen more than I should admit.  It’s over the top and crazy with little plot. I can’t say it’s a guilty pleasure because I can’t say I’ve really enjoyed them. Then again, I can’t say I didn’t enjoy them either.

I can recall the first time I saw one of these blood fests.  I was sick.  I took the day off from work to rest and veg. I dragged myself to Blockbusters and rented a few movies. One of which was Machine Girl with Asami. I watched the movie as I lay on the couch with a fever. And I thought huh.  Maybe a year later I rented another movie of the genre from Netflix. Before I knew I saw a dozen or more.

So I actually knew who Asami was when I saw her name on the Texas Frightmare website.

As I wandered around the floor at Texas Frightmare, I found the table with both Asami and Kurando Mitsutake. I greeted both in Japanese although I struggled. Kurando spoke very good English. Asami only said a few words.

I got a photo from each signed. Yes, I have a soft spot for Japanese actors. I thanked them in Japanese and left.

AH

No comments:

Post a Comment