Autograph Hound's Blah Blah Blog

Tuesday, August 19, 2014

Mike Vogel #SDCC 2014 #UndertheDome

Lightspeed Fine Arts usually has a few guests they bring in for signings at ComicCon.  This year they stepped it up a notch.  They expanded their booth and brought in more guests. One of those guests was Mike Vogel of Under the Dome.

I’m enjoying Under the Dome although I really think they should have kept it as a miniseries and ended it last year.  Yet that opinion didn’t keep me from getting excited about seeing Mike.

As I walked up, he was in the ‘back’.  Yeah, this year’s bigger booth had an area that you could use to escape from the hustle and bustle of SDCC.  I got there after the main group of anxious fans have already visited him so he away from the table.

He slowly came out; finishing something he was chewing on.   He looked younger than on the show.  He asked the handler ‘what’s up?’  She pointed to me. Then he sheepishly stuck his hand out and we shook.  I think he thought he was ‘done’. I was an unexpected guest.

I did the usual blah blah of telling him the wife and I liked the show. Some off topic conversation was brought up by the handler or one of the people from the booth.  He was trying not to get involved but they were insistent.  It didn’t matter.  We were done and I had other places to go and people to see.  So we both excused ourselves and did our own things.

AH

No comments:

Post a Comment