Autograph Hound's Blah Blah Blog

Thursday, October 16, 2014

Teri Garr OC Dugout 10/2014

You probably know Teri Garr from a ton of different projects: Mr Mom, Close Encounters of Third Kind, and Young Frankenstein.

Being a Star Trek geek, I know her from Assignment Earth, the last aired episode of the second season. It was a possible spin off candidate for the series. She played a ditzy blonde secretary. While she is known for her ditzy characters, this might be the only ditzy female in a Star Trek episode that actually had lines.


I don’t do private signings because I don’t get my 2 seconds with the celeb, I made an exception with Teri Garr. I know she doesn’t do shows and with age and health being a factor, I figured this was my last chance.  I gladly sent my money to OC Dugout and chose the photo of her as Ms Lincoln from her Star Trek episode.

I eagerly waited for the photo to be sent back. When I saw the envelope, I greedily opened it. I stared at it for a few seconds. I showed it to the wife (not nearly as excited as I was) and stared at it for a few more seconds. Deep sigh of contentment.

The next day I found out she will be signing at a convention in Jersey. Her first convention ever. Oh well. I wasn’t going to Jersey and I’m glad she will be seeing her fans. I’m sure they will love her.

AH

No comments:

Post a Comment