Autograph Hound's Blah Blah Blog

Tuesday, November 25, 2014

Tanya Tate #SDCC 2014


I know you won’t believe this. I’m already cringing from the expectant whack to the back of my head when the wife reads this. But really, I know Tanya Tate as a Cosplayer. As I plan for SDCC every year you see photos and Tweets from people as you follow hashtags.  Tanya Tate does a lot of cosplaying. She popped up often as I was researching events and signings and appearances.


Somewhere along the line, I discovered she did Adults films.  And no, I won’t answer how long that took.  That is not why she goes to SDCC. Like me and a bazillion other people, she goes for the ‘event’ that is ComicCon.

When I found out she was going to sign at a booth, I’ll admit I was excited. As you have read, I have been getting various cosplayers to sign. Tanya in my mind is a celebrity cosplayer. I wanted to add her to my collection.

She is friendly. She is beautiful. Even after being in costume all day, she seemed ready to meet people. And yes, the people that were in line knew her more for Adult films than her cosplay.  I was the anomaly.

Since I wasn’t the first in line, I got to see several people leer and drool on her. It’s never a pretty sight to see in the first place and worse when it’s ComicCon geeks doing the leering and drooling.


I was only going to get one photo but she was inexpensive and had a 3 photo package that I couldn’t turn down.  The photos I got signed are modest. She had a nice collection to choose from. Most of her photos were NOT modest.  I bring this up because of how she worked.

She was mindful that SDCC is considered a child friendly environment. SDCC claims to be child friendly but as you walk the expo floor you see art work that stretches most people’s concept of child friendly. And Cosplayers have their own war on modesty each convention.

Tanya kept all of her photos in a closed folder and away from young one’s eyes. When some photos were picked, she put them out of view of the public.  As she posed for photos, nothing was lewd. She was not there ot have a war with anyone’s sense of decency. She was there to enjoy San Diego, ComicCon, and sign some autographs.

While I really don’t know what she does in her movies, Tanya Tate as a SDCC fan and cosplayer was extremely nice and classy.

AH

No comments:

Post a Comment