Autograph Hound's Blah Blah Blog

Wednesday, April 8, 2015

Michael Cudlitz selfie champ

This was one of the longer lines I waited in at this convention.  In fact, I had to come back later as he had to do a panel or a photo op before I got my turn at this table.

Since I had the pleasure of standing in line so long, I had a lot of time to watch Michael Cudlitz talk and interact with the fans. First, as a rule, the cast of Walking Dead is extremely friendly. Even with long lines, they never seemed to be rushing to get to the end of the crowd. Michael was no exception. He seemed to be setting an example.


Most of the celebs were allowing tables photos (for a fee but that was much cheaper than the official photo ops). Michael didn’t hide behind the table. He stood the whole time and was in front of the table to make the photos easier.  He allowed a few photos for each person and he was ensuring their photos came out correctly.

As one family struggled with the selfie, he took the camera. He tried to get everyone into the photo. He was hugging 5 people, squatting and holding the phone up with one hand to get the shot. But the little one just was too little. He paused. Then asked the littlest one if he minded being picked up. After a slight nod of consent, he lifted the little one (about 60 pounds) and had the family pose again. The selfie was successful.  The family chatted excitedly as they left very happy. I would classify that as ‘above and beyond’ the call of duty.

This is where people watching is fun. The spot light is off of Michael. He knows that. He knows he can relax for a split second.  What we see next on his face should show the true character of the person. We should be able to tell if he felt put upon or frustrated or burdened.

What I saw was a smile as he sipped his water and waved on the next person in line over to him. I saw a lot of that behavior as I inched my way forward.

AH

Walker Stalker Con Dallas 3/14/15

No comments:

Post a Comment