Autograph Hound's Blah Blah Blog

Friday, May 26, 2017

Wilford Brimley – I’m All Better Now


The Thing is one of my all-time favorite movies. It’s a great horror movie and one of the reasons I like John Carpenter so much.

When Texas Frightmare announced Wilford Brimley I was pretty excited.


He sat in a corner of the room. Quiet and wearing a cowboy hat. When he wasn’t busy, his arms were folder. Much like the photo he signed.

I picked out my photo; I told him how much I enjoyed The Thing. He nodded. I asked him to sign and add a quote: I’m all better now.

He signed. Then he added the quote. He smeared his autograph.

I was disappointed. If I was more assertive I would have gotten it fixed. Was it worth the confrontation and adrenaline dump for the rest of the night? I would have been grouchy (more than normal) and not in a receptive mood for the rest of the people I interacted with.

So I got a smeared auto.  I still got to meet a guy that was in this classic movie.

AH

1 comment:

  1. Despite it being smeared, the fact that it IS smeared will most probably make it more valuable as it now has a story behind it and the smear was the guys doing. It has more character now

    ReplyDelete