Autograph Hound's Blah Blah Blog

Friday, May 11, 2018

Keir Dullea and Gary Lockwood Fan Expo Dallas 2018


I remember first learning about 2001: A Space Odyssey as a kid. It was on TV. Since it was Sci Fi I had to watch it. It came on late in the evening and mom and dad would not let me stay up to watch it.  I’m sure my 12 year old mind would have been thoroughly confused and thoroughly bored. It is a slow plodding movie. After all these years, I still find parts of it boring and confusing. However, it did spark the public's imagination and help build a road for more impressive special effects that have sparked even more imaginations over the decades.

Keir Dullea and Gary Lockwood were at Fan Expo and they were still at their tables late on Friday.


I walked up to Keir. I told him I loved watching Starlost when I was a kid. He asked when I saw it and where I lived. It was not nationally shown and it was filmed in Canada.  He told me I was one of the lucky ones.  I also admitted I watched it about 10 years ago on Netflix and thought it was still good.

Then I walked up to Gary. Right away he asked if I went to Alabama.  Since I worked from home that day, I was wearing one of my UofA golf shirts. I smiled and said no.  The ‘A’ on my shirt was for Arizona.  Then he mentioned that the Eagles quarterback went to the UofA.  I admitted he did go there. Then we talked football. If you now me, when it comes to football, my side of the conversation was just nodding and agreeing.

AH

No comments:

Post a Comment