Autograph Hound's Blah Blah Blog

Monday, May 14, 2018

Jeff Goldblum Fan Expo Dallas 2018

Yes, you read that right, Jeff Goldblum came to Dallas.  Very exciting.

Also, there was some stress. He was scheduled for Saturday only. I wondered how long I would be in line and if the line would be as slow as the other lines.  To mitigate that stress I choose to get to the convention center early and wait for the doors to open. My goal was to get in Jeff’s line first and camp out all day until I got this autograph.


It was a good plan. It worked as planned too.  How often does that happen?
When the doors opened for the show, I made a bee line to Jeff’s line. I was about 50 people from the front. Not bad. Jeff more or less showed up on time.  He waved to the crowd and bowed to the applause he received when he walked onto the expo floor. Then he sat down and starting signing.

He was a machine.  He quickly signed. The line moved steadily. Within 15 minutes I was at the front of the line paying for my 2 photos.   As I was shoving my change deep into my pockets, my items were signed and sitting to he right of Jeff. There were 3 people in front of me slowly moving forward as more items were added to the pile of signed items.

Just as I was getting in front of Jeff, I mentioned I was a huge Buckaroo Banzai fan, he nodded in acknowledgment. Then I saw a lady pick up my Buckaroo photo. Tersely, I said that was my photo.  She looked at me and I said: Who else is going to get a New Jersey signed by Jeff Goldblum? Obviously she didn’t know what that meant but a Buckaroo Banzai fan would know!

I got my photos and left.
A side note, as Jeff signed, he held the pen like a Chinese calligraphy brush.  He only griped the sharpie with his fingers. His palm did not touch the pen and his hand did not touch the item being signed. It was different.

AH

No comments:

Post a Comment