Autograph Hound's Blah Blah Blog

Tuesday, May 15, 2018

Paul Reubens – Fan Expo Dallas 2018


After getting Jeff Goldlum’s autograph so quickly and knowing the next BIG name wasn’t until much later in the day, I had a lot of time to work on my list. So I took a quick ganger around the signing area of the convention and looked for a line that was ’short-ish’.

Ah, my target: Paul Reubens. While I never watched Pee Wee’s Playhouse, I do remember him as a stand up and in a few movies.  I wanted to add him to my collection. I got in a line that was about 30 people deep.  Some of my fellow hounds got in another celeb’s line that was next to me but they were about 100 people back.


My line creeped along. After an hour my friends were done with their quest. I was still 10 people back. People seemed to be having a good time with Paul but he spent a LOT of time with each person. When I finally got to the front, he was nice but the conversation seemed forced. Not forced like he didn’t want to be there but forced like he felt he had to spend ‘x’ amount of time with each person.  It was odd.

I asked for a quote and he liked it. He miswrote it and got a new photos and started again. We joked about not having a human version of spell check. After he wrote what I asked, he offered to add the rest of the line from the song. That was very nice of him. But I knew, just like in the movie, when you read the first part, you will mentally finish the next part.

AH

No comments:

Post a Comment