Autograph Hound's Blah Blah Blog

Wednesday, May 16, 2018

Sadie Sink – Fan Expo Dallas 2018


Who doesn’t like Stranger Things? The next line I jumped into was Sadie Sink’s. The link was very short. As I handed over my money, the handler was unorganized. She was too busy trying to tell me how nice Sadie was and asking how I was and making change and that I could pick any photo on the table and if I wanted to do a selfie.

Meanwhile, Sadie was standing there bored waiting for the handler to finish. I told the handler, as she was still trying to give me my change, I would take the photo at the end of the table with the skateboard.  Sadie, trying to help and make the process quicker, picked up my photo from the stack and signed it before I tucked my change back into my pocket.

When I finally disengaged with the handler, Sadie asked if I wanted it personalized.  I declined. But since the handlers  was going through the same spiel with the person behind me, I asked if she was enjoying the show. She smiled and said something noncommittal.  Because there was still a gap between me and the next fan, I asked if she ever been to Dallas before.

Then the quiet man standing close to her spoke up and said hello. My brain went through several scenarios. I had a good guess who this was. I stuck out my hand and asked, Dad? I gave him a  smile.  He smiled back and nodded yes. So I directed my question to him.

He was being protective of his 16 yr old daughter. He didn’t want someone that could be her granddad creeping on her. I respect that. So he and I exchanged the normally pleasantries I do when I meet the celebs.  I never looked back at his daughter and I kept solid eye contact with him. I just wanted to let him know I was not a threat.  Then I thanked him and left.

I wish I saw more of that from the parents of kid actors.

AH

No comments:

Post a Comment