Autograph Hound's Blah Blah Blog

Tuesday, March 19, 2019

All-Con 2019 BSG


I like All-Con. It’s a very small convention. It’s held in a hotel and parking can be a pain but it’s a well run convention.


It has a variety of panels, a poker tourney, roller derby, Night Time entertainment, and some autograph guests. This year they had a mini Battlestar Galactica reunion.  They brought 7 actors from the Original series to town.  They set them up in their own conference room and let the fans interact, get autographs, and photos.

There were 3 signatures I ‘needed’. Laurette Spang, JackStauffer, and Sarah Rush. All three were very fan friendly and let the BSG geeks chat and get a few minutes of their time. They had all been to Texas and Dallas before and enjoyed the town.  As always, when working a convention, it’s hard to get time to sightsee.



My conversation with each was very different. Laurette talked about texting Dirk Benedict and chatting about kids and regretting not seeing the 6th floor Museum.

Since I was wearing my ubiquitous UofA shirt, Jack and I talked college football. As we have established in the past, I am not a good alumni and don’t know football. I politely nodded my head at appropriate times.


Sarah had a quiet charm about her. I don’t remember what we chatted about but I know I was there few minutes. 

This Con also provided me to chance to meet up with some fellow collectors I hadn’t seen I a while. I don’t stay for the panels. There was a BSG panel just as I was leaving which I sure was great with 7 cast members. I need to enjoy the sun and fresh cool air after a week of clouds and rain.

AH  

No comments:

Post a Comment