Autograph Hound's Blah Blah Blog

Monday, March 25, 2019

Carol Burnett – under planning and over planning 2019


Several months ago, Carol Burnett came to town and did a performance at the Winspear I Dallas.  I got there about 2 hours before the performance. She got there about 4 hours before the performance.  I missed her.

It happens. I under planned. I was disappointed.


Luckily, she decided to came back to Dallas in March. This time she was going to do 2 nights at the Winspear.  The Wife and I actually got ticket to the Friday night show. I took Friday afternoon off to make sure I got the theater early enough to see her enter.

My hope was to be there, get the autograph, drive him in rush hour traffic, and then The Wife and I would drive back to see the show.  The plan was a little hectic but it was ‘a plan’. Not the BEST plan but it was my plan.

4 O’clock rolls around. No Carol.

5 O’clock and no Carol.  I text The Wife that she will probably need to drive down by herself.  

6 O’clock and still no Carol.  The Wife is about to drive to the Theater.

7 O’clock and we wonder if Carol will just walk in at the last second and not sign for anyone.

7:30, Carol’s car arrives.  The Show starts at 8 PM. The Wife is at the front of the theater waiting for me. I’m at the stage door.  Carol waved and one of the handles told us she will sign but they will collect all of the items and she will sign inside the building.  We knew she would do this because this is what occurred the last time.  We were all good with this.   

About 7:45 when I get my photo back. I quickly say my goodbyes to the other hounds and walk to the front of the theater to meet The Wife. It took a few minutes to find each other as we had different ideas on where to meet. We got to our seats and saw a wonderful show.

A great addition to the collection and relived some great memories from the show.

AH

No comments:

Post a Comment