Autograph Hound's Blah Blah Blog

Tuesday, March 12, 2019

Carole Ann Ford and William Russell Gallifrey One


I was very excited to see that both Carole Ann Ford and William Russell were attending this year’s Gallifrey One. They worked with the first Doctor and that was over 50 years ago.

Luckily, I got to see the panel with them together and they charmed the crowd with their anecdotes.  The panel’s MC did a good job of asking questions, follow up questions, and then getting out of the actors’ way as they answered. For the most part, the stories were well polished as they have told them time and again over the decades. While some tales may be apocryphal, they held the audience in their hands as they talked.


When it was time for their signing, there was a long line; which I loved seeing. I worry that the current crop of Whovians have no idea about the history of the show.  I see this with Star Trek. The Next Gen crowd dismisses anything prior to Picard.



I must admit to being my own enemy.  When Carole and William were signing, I goofed. I got a photo signed by Carole for myself.  Then I got her and William to sign a duel photo for a friend. I forgot to get a photo of William signed for myself.  When I realized my gaff, it was too late to get back in line. I had to wait for the next day to start again. It all worked out and I was a happy camper.

AH

No comments:

Post a Comment