Autograph Hound's Blah Blah Blog

Monday, March 11, 2019

Katy Manning Gallifrey One

Katy Manning was one of the BIG reasons I wanted to go to Gallifrey One this year. She was from the original series and worked with the 3rd Doctor. The chances of getting her again were probably very slim.

She was very funny in the panels she attended. She currently is doing big finish audio plays and playing her character of Jo Grant from the TV show.  She is ‘old school’ and calls everyone ‘darling’. It’s so British.

While in line, I saw that she was sitting to sign the photos and then popping up to hug the fan. For me, I actually got two hugs and two darlings. She was tireless. She has more energy than I do. She had stories to share with everyone. She seemed to really enjoy being there. She shared that she had a relative in Kentucky and showed off her Kentuckian accent.

I was really happy to get this chance to see her.

AH

No comments:

Post a Comment