Autograph Hound's Blah Blah Blog

Friday, November 8, 2019

Matthew Modine Dallas Fan Days 2019


You were in line for Matthew Modine, either Full Metal Jacket or Stranger Things.  It was a toss-up for me too.  I decided to do Stranger Things as The Wife would understand that. I had a fun time in line.

Matthew was placed next to Adam Baldwin, who also was in Full Metal Jacket. Adam said something to a fan and Matthew overheard and quoted something back from the movie. It seemed like a non sequitur to the young fan in front of Matthew. It made me laugh. Matthew sheepishly said it was an inside joke. The young fan did not get the reference at all.


There was a family was in front of me. The daughter was dressed as Eleven from Stranger Things.  She was floating on cloud 9 the whole time.  Her happy grin was plastered to her face. When she got her photo signed, Matthew asked her a few questions.  She answered and then walked off.  Mom and Dad called her back, they needed to get the selfie they planned. I’m sure the camera did not show her pink face.

As I chose a photo from Stanger Things to get signed, I saw another on the table that caught my interest.  It was a dark image of a young man sitting on the floor of a cell.  It was from the movie Birdy.  Don’t worry, I know you haven’t seen it.

After Matthew signed my photo, I mentioned Birdy.  He sat back and asked if I really saw it.  I nodded yes.  I told him I loved the sound track; it was Peter Gabriel.  He got exited and told me at the cast party, he met a guy. They were chatting and he found out the guy wrote the sound track.  At the time, Matthew had no idea who Peter Gabriel was or that he was with Genesis. The excitement of the meeting came months later when he learned more.

AH

No comments:

Post a Comment