Autograph Hound's Blah Blah Blog

Monday, November 11, 2019

Patrick Warburton – second times a charm – Dallas Fan Days 2019


Patrick Warburton does a lot of voice work. He is also well known for The Tick.  I got a photo from the Tick signed. Very friendly guy and he chatted with everyone one.

He saw the photo of Matthew Modine I was carrying and asked what I thought of the third season of Stranger Things.  Our opinions differed but we have different wants from the show.  It was a nice chat. We shook hands and I left.  
I was riding down the escalator when I noticed he never signed my photo.  He wrote the quote but the signature was missing.  That’s what happens when we get distracted. I laughed.

When I got to the bottom of the escalator, I went right back up. I walked into the room and up to a buddy that was near the front of the line.  As I was showing the picture sans signature, the volunteer heard what I was saying.  She took my photo and talked to the handler.  They moved me to the front of the line.

The handler thought my name was missing. He pulled out the post-it and wanted to write down my name.  I smiled and said, I don’t need my name.  He was confused. I said I got the quote but not the signature.  He did a double take and apologized.


Then I was in front of Patrick.  He seemed to recognize me. He had a concerned smile on his face but I had a big smile on mine.  The handler explained but it didn’t sink in. I re-explained and asked if he could sign it under the quote.  He looked and read what was written and then he saw the missing signature.

He apologized and I told him it was because we started talking Stranger Things. We both politely chuckled. We shook hands again and I left…again.

AH

No comments:

Post a Comment