Autograph Hound's Blah Blah Blog

Tuesday, August 25, 2020

Beatle Bits AM Clock Radio

 

November 1967 my parents’ AM clock radio was set to WFIL 560 in Philly. Like any clock radio, it went off too early in the morning in our small house. It was set loud enough to wake a slumbering parent. It was also loud enough to wake this 4 year old. I know for a long long time, I would hear the song 'Hello Goodbye' at some point during those dark winter mornings.

I didn’t know who the Beatles were. I didn’t know the song 'Hello Goodbye'. It was just a melody that played at some point before the sun rose and mom and dad readied themselves for the day. While I was supposed to be sleeping, that old clock radio provided an important part of my life's soundtrack.

As I was a young teenager and discovering (really rediscovering) The Beatles, I had such a strong Déjà vu flash when I heard Hello Goodbye and learned it was the same song I heard as a little one.

AH

No comments:

Post a Comment