Autograph Hound's Blah Blah Blog

Monday, August 24, 2020

Beatle Bits – XM radio

 

I currently have a free 3 month subscription to Sirius XM radio. Besides listening to Phillies’ baseball, I’m spending most of my time on The Beatles Channel.  I have always been a Beatles fan and this channel really strikes a chord. Pun intended.


I think they do a great job of playing songs from the original catalog but they also play the members’ solo work. With a light hand, they pepper in cover songs from other bands.  Lastly, they add in some songs and artists that inspired The Beatles from the 50’s. It has a way of clearing the musical palette without losing sight of the purpose of the channel.

I’m not the most knowledgeable or die-hard fan but The Beatles have always echoed through my life. I know a lot. I have forgotten a lot. This channel is exposing me to more. My opinion of John Lennon continues to vacillates. My respect for Ringo grows as I hear more of his songs and his work with his All-Star Band. George is my dark horse favorite. And Paul is well…Paul (and very clean).

Originally, I was going to write one post with a few anecdotes. The Wife suggested I break it up into a few posts…so picture yourself on a boat on a river and turn off you mind, relax, and float down my stream of conscience wool gatherings…

AH

No comments:

Post a Comment