Autograph Hound's Blah Blah Blog

Wednesday, July 12, 2023

Vacation autographs Fan Expo Dallas 2023


Fan Expo in Dallas did a ‘Vacation reunion’. This was exciting for me. I had wanted several of the celebs from those movies for a while but they never came to town or never in a city I was visiting.

Randy Quaid was the first one I got. A lot has been said about him in recent years. We chatted and he signed and I left. I noticed a lot of people were also getting photos signed from Independence Day. That movie is a classic. I'll admit, it was tempting to get a photo for King Pin signed.

Chevy Chase’s line was long but it moved fast. He interacted with some people and some he didn’t.  My friend’s wife got some good-natured teasing from him when she nervously squeaked out hello. Chevy seemed to be having a good time.


Christie Brinkley’s line was small but it had been much longer earlier in the day. She was going to do a wine tasting locally on Monday. When I mentioned that, she told me to bring the wife and she’ll pour her a glass. I think The Wife actually thought about going. This was my favorite from the day. I'm sure it's because she charmed me.

Lastly was Beverly D’Angelo. Her line was long. it was slow. Some of that was her trying to interact with people but also some of it as people with large number of items to get signed. With the heat in the convention center, it was a rough wait.  

She did pause a few times and stood to apologize to the people waiting. She also came out from behind the table and thanked us for being patient.


By the time I was through, I exhausted. I got some Gatorade and gulped it down.

AH


No comments:

Post a Comment