Autograph Hound's Blah Blah Blog

Tuesday, November 14, 2023

Frank Grillo Big Texas ComicCon 2023

This was the last autograph I got at Big Texas ComicCon. I looked for a photo of
Frank Grillo
online, but didn’t see one I wanted to print. I decided to check out his table to see what he had. 

Since he had a prepaid option for his signature, I figured I’d have to go to another table to buy the ticket. One of the handlers said I could pay cash at the table. Since he had a table photo I liked, I got in line. 

As I was waiting, Frank and a fan were talking smack to each other. Good natured but intense. Very Back East. No smiles until you turn your head away; playing for the audience.

It was all because she wore a Phila Eagles Sweat shirt. Some of the exchange:

Frank: Ugh. I should charge you double for burning my eyes with that shirt.

Fan: You’re lucky I even came to see your loser face.

Frank: Oh, let’s get this over before I go blind.

Fan: At least I don’t like the Giants.

Then all smiles and a handshake. She went on her way without another word.

I step up as Frank and another handler are smiling. They had fun.

As he signed my photo, I asked if there was a back story. I was asking if maybe they knew each other. He said the only back story was he roots for NY and she’s an Eagles fan.

So, I said, And the only the only team you hate worse are the Cowboys.  

I think everyone in 20 feet of me agreed. Everyone hates the Cowboys. I paused after I said that. I was in San Antonio. I thought they really liked the Cowboys. Maybe that’s changed over the years.

Frank agreed with a smile, the Cowboys were the worse.

I did not bring up my football allegiance.

We hook and I left.

My convention was done. I drove about 5 hours. Spent less than 2 hours at the show and now I’m heading home.

AH

No comments:

Post a Comment