Autograph Hound's Blah Blah Blog

Monday, November 13, 2023

Paola Lazaro – Do you like Pink?

After I got David Harbour, I checked out Paola Lazaro. She wasn’t at the table. There as a short line but I decided to walk through the convention. It’s a small show but it had some vary big names. I was surprised the number of vendors and attendees was small.

When I made my way back to Paola’s table, she still wasn’t there. I asked one of the handlers about an ETA. The handler said Paola was due ‘soon’.  I have heard that a lot over the years. It’s a place holder answer. Meaning I don’t know but I don’t want to say that. I was about to ask how long she had been saying ‘soon’, when Paola walked up. I guess the handler was right, it was ‘soon’.

Paula was all smiles.  Her character in Walking Dead, is one that seems to have touched a lot of people emotionally. A few people had some stories to tell. Paola was all ears.

The person in front of me mentioned that Paola’s fingernail polished matched the pink of the pen she was using.  She joked that she used it on her nails last night.  It looked good on her.

When it was my turned, I said the normal: Hi, welcome to San Antonio.

She picked up her pink paint pen and I asked: Do you really like pink?

That caused some panic and confusion. She quickly asked if I didn’t want the signature in pink.

Now it was my turn to smile and quickly add: No, pink is the PERFECT color for your photo. I love that idea.

I could see the relief. She mentioned it looked good with the dark background on a lot of her pictures.  I agreed.

I continued with: I work at the Mary Kay Corp office. Mary Kay is known for pink. She personally didn’t like pink. But she knew pink would look good in everyone’s bathroom. So that was logical choice.

That is a lot to digest in a few seconds. A non-sequitur from a strange man: pink and makeup.

Then I added, I was just wondering if you really like pink or it’s been forced on you and you learned to like it.  Then she smiled as it started to sink in…or she realized this encounter was soon to be over and once I got my autograph; she would never see me again.

She did like pink.  I walked way and she never saw me again…

AH

No comments:

Post a Comment