Autograph Hound's Blah Blah Blog

Friday, November 10, 2023

David Harbour Big Texas ComicCon 2023

I drove down to San Antonio for Big Texas ComiCon. This is a 5 hour drive each way. There was guest I really wanted but she cancelled. I found out about it the night before. Since there were still guests I wanted and I paid for David Harbour in advance, I made the trip.

Big Texas was in the Henry B Gonzalez Convention Center. I’ve been there a few times for other conventions. I got to the convention early. I expected to be in line all day and I wanted to be sure I was parking someplace fairly close.

Once they opened the convention, we filed in and I headed to David’s line. On the way, someone explained we needed to swap the prepaid autograph receipt for a ‘ticket’. This is occurring more and more. The logic of it eludes me. It just seems to be a waste of time and effort.

After I got my ticket, I got in David’s line. After a brief wait, it actually started moving.

David was behind curtains. However, I could hear him chat with the fans. He was doing a good job of asking questions beside just responding to people. And he followed up on some of the answers.  

The line actually moved quicker than expected. That is NOT a complaint.  

I asked for a quote: Nothing ever happens in Hawkins. I thought the photo I brought was perfect for that. David read the quote and nodded. I don’t think he remembered it but that’s okay. It’s for me, not him.

The negative is, he wrote the quote first. Then signed. He signed over the quote. I knew what he did. He was trying to keep the white ink in the dark background of the photo.  I didn’t realize how large his signature was. Again, that is not a complaint. I’m happy.

AH

No comments:

Post a Comment