Autograph Hound's Blah Blah Blog

Thursday, November 9, 2023

Jennifer Beals Giganticon 2023

While Mark Dacascos made my decision to travel south, Jennifer Beals sealed my plans. I don’t think I ever watched the movie Flash Dance. Maybe I was at a drive-in double feature and was distracted by other things but I know the sound track was everywhere. I heard it a million times. I admit, it’s a catchy tune.


Jennifer wasn’t in the main room. I had to search for her. I’m sure I could have asked someone but the event center wasn’t that large. I had time. The four autographs I already picked up took less than 30 minutes. I was ahead of schedule. I found her in a back room. A nice sized meeting room. She was in one corner, near the exit. A line of tables wrapped from her to a third of the way up the side wall. It was a nice set up. The money was all handled far from her.

While there was a line for Jennifer, it wasn’t long. I was about 20 people back. People slowly filled in after me. She was the main draw for this show. They had a special ticket for her, a commemorative t-shirt and photo or something. Some people in line got gift bags. The line was 99% women. I did not opt into that ticket.

I paid for 2 autographs. Not something I normally do but I wanted an 8x10 and I had a poster I wanted to add her to. I showed the mini poster to check if they were charging more for the 'large item'. Nope.  Then I showed my 8x10 to make sure she would sign it.  No problem there either.

As I crept closer, the manager/handler came over. He looked over my stuff and okayed it. He had the real veto power. He asked about the poster. I pridefully told him a few details. He seemed impressed. I told him I wanted a silver sharpie for that and the white paint pen for the other.  He asked where I wanted the signatures and he took the items to Jennifer.

She was finishing up with a young lady and about to take a table selfie. The color of the Jennifer’s jacket was mentioned. It was coral. Jennifer felt like coral that day. I’m not sure if I ever felt like a color but The Wife liked that detail so I’m sharing.

Jennifer asked about the Book of Eli mini poster. I gave a few details through a big smile. I told her I got it from San Diego ComicCon. I stood in line a LOOOONG time to get a winning ticket. The ladies in line didn’t know anything about this movie and I sensed they were confused about Jennifer’s interest.

I said I wanted a silver sharpie on the poster because everyone (but Denzel) signed in silver. It‘s hard to see their signatures but I wanted to keep the color the same. In the photo, Denzel Washington, Mila Kunis, and Gary Oldman signed, along with the 2 directors. Her autograph is under Denzel's and above 'Of Eli'

And of course, I had to get a Star Wars photo signed too. Considering the line was mostly women, I bet she didn’t sign many items from that franchise either.

I was very happy as I left the room. I found a place to hang out for 5 minutes while the paint dried. Then I walked back to the car and started home. I stopped at Bucc-ees and was home before dinner.

AH

The Book of Eli signing was my very first post on this blog.


No comments:

Post a Comment