Autograph Hound's Blah Blah Blog

Tuesday, June 4, 2024

Juliette Lewis Texas Frightmare Weekend 2024

The longest line all weekend was for Juliette Lewis. This marathon was on Saturday. In fact, it was the only autograph I got on Saturday. Between ‘line chaos’ for other actors in the morning and the ache in my back and knees afterward, I was only able to get this accomplished.  Yes, I’m getting old.

I got to the convention early. Only a 45-minute wait to enter the building. I had to stand in a short line to get a ’virtual’ ticket for Juliette. This meant they would call people by numbers. I just needed to wait until my number fell in the range called. Easy peasy. While waiting, I could stand in other lines and get more autographs.


Saturdays are usually very busy at conventions. Frightmare is no expectation. The lines for the other people I was interested capped and they were handing out virtual tickets. The only good thing was a virtual ticket didn’t cost any money. However, the process wasn’t fail-proof and those lines didn’t really move as planned. 

I finally got in Juliette’s line. I had to take the escalators to the 3rd floor. It was only a three hour wait to get into the room where she was signing. She was entertaining. Chatting with people and laughing. She kept telling an older lady that paid for a ‘selfie’ to get her daughter to IG (Instagram) the photo and tag her. She knew mom had no clue. She said it about 10 times.  Pretty funny.

When I finally handed over my photo, I told her I enjoyed Yellowjackets. I mentioned, I thought it was a cross of the TV show, Lost and the book, Lord of the Flies. She agreed. I left with a smile on my face.  Sore back and knees all forgotten.

Then like magic, I left the room and the pain all came back.  I sat for a while and waited for the paint to dry.  Then wandered back to the other main convention floor. The actors that I still wanted had long lines and I figured I would rather come back on Sunday than spend more time standing on concrete.

AH

No comments:

Post a Comment