Autograph Hound's Blah Blah Blog

Wednesday, June 5, 2024

Emilie De Ravin GalaxyCon OKC 2024

Not long after Texas Frightmare was another convention. This time in Oklahoma City. The Wife was actually interested in going…no, not to attend the convention but to visit several fabric and yarns stores in OK City. I didn’t argue. It was good to spend time together and to top it off, The Wife drove.

I have never been to a Galaxy Con before. It was nice. Depending on the guest list, I’m sure I would go again. It was an easy 3-hour drive from the Dallas area. We left early but not too early.

I can’t claim to be a ‘Lostie’ but I really enjoyed the show, Lost. It intrigued, confused, and frustrated me. I’m not sure if I’d ever re-watch the series but it was a part of American culture for a long time. Since Emilie De Ravin was at the show, I HAD to get her autograph.

I will say it was an odd experience. She didn’t look comfortable at the signing. She was extremely quiet, like she was whispering. She handed me a post-it note from a previous guest. I had to ask twice what she wanted because I couldn’t hear her. She just wanted me I would get rid of it. I took the post-it and put it my pocket.

As I mentally revisit this, I wonder if I should have asked if she needed help. The set up was 2 tables. The handle, who was handling the money, was 10 feet away. Maybe she needed someone closer to remove the sticky notes and hand over the correct pens. Conventions can be overwhelming to fans and guests alike.

AH

No comments:

Post a Comment