Autograph Hound's Blah Blah Blog

Monday, June 24, 2024

Kirsten Nelson GalaxyCon OKC 2024

This was by far my favorite encounter at OKC’s GalaxyCon. Kirsten Nelson was not only fan friendly; she was embracing the Psych-o’s. She was taking her time and asking questions with every fan and listening to their answers.

A fan, a few people in front of me, had a cast poster from SDCC. Since she wasn’t at the convention, he was adding her name. He explained a little about how he got it.  She wasn’t aware of the raffle process and the slim number that were successful. Another fan brought the Psych book that some of the cast signed at another SDCC.  It was great to see these items. I never got close to winning those raffles.

The guy in front of me explained that he binged Psych while recovering from a recent illness. His mother was there.  Kirsten asked about his favorite episode. He panicked a little but she prompted him with some great suggestions (the T-Rex, or Yin Yang episodes, or the Spanish Soap Opera).  I forgot what he said as it made me think about my favorite.  It’s hard to choose.

As I handed over my photo, she asked my name. I told her. She introduced herself. We shook hands. Then I mentioned how much I enjoyed standing in line. It was great to see what other people were getting signed but also listening in to the conversations.

I decided I would tell her my favorite. It was the one with George Takei (who was also at the convention about 50 feet away from her). She laughed and said she really liked that one too.  It was because she gave birth...and the episode was really about her. We both laughed. It was my favorite nor only because I was big Trekkie but it was the first episode I watched. I wasn’t a viewer but my parents convinced me to watch this episode. They wanted to know if that was what ComicCons were really like.

We chatted some more (a really relaxed encounter) but as much as I would have liked hanging out more, I had more autographs to get and she had mor people in line.

Then she thanked me by name…and I paused. She remembered my name. I mentioned that and that I was really impressed. I so want that skill. She thanked me again and I left with a huge smile.

AH

No comments:

Post a Comment