Autograph Hound's Blah Blah Blog

Wednesday, July 10, 2024

Jodie Whittaker Fan Expo Dallas 2024

This went faster than I wanted. I was walking up and trying to sort through my backpack and pick the correct pen when I was actually in front of Jodie Whittaker. I was not well organized.

I handed over the pen and photo. She signed and handed it back. I said my standard line: Welcome to Dallas.  She thanked me and asked where I was from. I said, “The last 30 years was Dallas. But I was born in Jersey.”

Her eyes lit up and a smile was on her face as she repeated the word: Jersey.

This is when the addled mind can still go into overdrive. I accessed the situation in a blink of an eye. My first thought was she had friends from Jersey and we would swap names of towns to see if we had anything in common. My second thought was, yes, she has friends from Jersey but on the OTHER side of the Atlantic.  I quickly amended my comment to say, New Jersey. Not the island of. Then we both uncomfortably chuckled. I’m sure she had passing thoughts of Damn Colonials.

It was a few minutes after I walked away, I realized she added 2 hearts to her signature.  I love that. It is SO Dr Who.

AH

No comments:

Post a Comment