Autograph Hound's Blah Blah Blog

Tuesday, October 22, 2013

Ben Bova LoneStarCon 3

The first book I read by Ben Bova was Millennium. Don’t confuse it with the TV show or movie based on another book. This was about a moon colony declaring freedom from Earth.  As a 14 or 15 year old it blew my mind.

While I have not enjoyed every book of his as much as that one I have read a lot of his books.  I was able to get him to sign a couple of books in Denver.  Normally I don’t do repeats on authors but I do have a weakness for my sci fi authors.  This was an opportunity I didn’t want to waste.

I waited in line for Ben.  I tried not to gush when I got in front of him.  He asked if I wanted anything signed in the book.  I said his signature.  Well, duh!  He meant did I want my name or date or some quote.

I said just his signature. He looked at me and said it was no problem to personalize it.  Still trying to get my mind in first gear, I nodded.  I didn’t want my name but I wasn’t really in control of the situation.  He looked at my badge.  I looked down and moved it closer so he could read my name.

He handed back the books and I smiled. I mumbled a giddy thank you and left.

AH

No comments:

Post a Comment